« ÖncekiDevam »
into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger. Ex. xvi. 3.- O tarry thou the Lord's leisure, be strong, and He shall comfort thine heart, and put thou thy trust in the Lord. Ps. xxvii. 16.
6. If ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people. Ex. xix. 5.- how plentiful is thy goodness, which Thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; and that Thou hast prepared for them that put their trust in Thee ; even before the sons of men ! Ps. xxxi. 21.
7. Thou shalt not covet. Ex. 20. 17.- -For from within, out of the heart of man, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. Mark vii. 21, 22.
8. Why art thou so vexed, O my soul, and why art thou so disquieted within me? Ps. xlii. 14.—Our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a farmore exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Cor. iv. 17, 18.
9 Jesus said unto him, if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark ix. 23.-We walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Cor. v.7.
10. Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee. Ex. xxxiv. 12.—Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness; and what communion hath light with darkness; and what concord hath Christ with Belial ? 2 Cor. vi. 14, 15.
11. They hold all together and keep themselves close, and mark my steps, when they lay wait for my soul.
Ps. Ivi. 6. As he was walking in the temple, then came to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders, and say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things ? Mark xi. 27, 28.
12. If there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. 2 Cor. viji. 12.- She of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living. Mark xii. 44.
13. Praised be the Lord daily, even the God who helpeth us and poureth his benefits upon us. He is our God, even the God of whom cometh salvation. Ps. Ixviii. 19, 20.-Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. 2 Cor. ix. 15.
14. We be not able to go up against this people ; for they are stronger than we. Num. xiii. 31.-.-Do ye look on things after the outward appearance ? 2 Cor.
15. The fire consumed their young men. Ps. lxxviii. 64. -There came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense. Num. xvi. 35.
16. Blessed is the man whose strength is in Thee. Ps. lxxxiv. 5.My grace is sufficient for thee. 2 Cor. xii. 9.
17. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Ps. Ixxxix. 34.
-God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent : hath he said and shall he not do it? Num. xxii. 19.
18. There shall come a star out of Jacob, and a sceptre shall rise out of Israel, Num. xxiv. 17.Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the day-spring from op high hath visited us; To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. Luke i. 78, 79.
19. There is sprung up a light for the righteous, and joyful gladness for such as are true-hearted. Ps. xcvii. 11. -Behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke ii. 10, 11.
20. Like as a father pitieth his own children, even so is the Lord merciful unto them that fear him. Ps. ciii. 13. -Ye are all the children of God by faith in Jesus Christ. Gal. iii. 26.
21. Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Gal. iv. 16.- -And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath; and rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. Luke iv. 28, 29.
22. They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lusts. Gal. v. 24._And he left all, rose up, and followed him. Luke v. 28. 23. As ye would that men should do to you,
do also to them likewise. Luke vi. 31.
-Bear ye one another's burdens. Gal. vi. 2.
24. St. Matthias-COLLECT FOR THE DAY. O Almighty God, who into the place of the traitor, Judas, didst choose thy faithful servant Matthias, to be of the number of the twelve apostles: Grant that thy church, being always preserved from false apostles, may be ordered and guided by faithful and true pastors, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
25. O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever. Deut. v. 29.- Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart. Ps. cxix. 34.
26. Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that,
a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee. Deut. viii. 5.- He turned; and rebuked them, and said, ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. Luke ix. 55.
27. Wherefore, putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour; for we are members one of another. Ephes. iv. 25.- -What reward shall be given or done unto thee, thou false tongue? even mighty and sharp arrows, with hot burning coals. Ps. cxx. 3.
28. Ask, and it shall be given you ; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Luke xi. 9.- -When I called upon Thee, Thou heardest me, and enduedst my soul with much strength. Ps. cxxxviii. 3.
29. Look well if there be any way of wickedness in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Ps. cxxxix. 24. -Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be which find it. Matt. vii. 14.
1. That which is altogether just shalt thou follow. Deut. xvi. 20.- - Take heed, and beware of covetousness, for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. Luke xii. 15.
2. Let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ. Phil. i. 27. -The words of the Lord are pure words. Ps. xii. 7.
3. The Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you. Deut. xx. 4.-It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good plea
Phil. ii. 13. 4. Father, I have sinned against leaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. Luke xv. 18, 19.-Who can tell how oft he offendeth? Ps. xix. 12.
5. Thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just measure shalt thou have. Deut. xxv. 15.- -He that is faithful in that which is least, is faithful also in much; and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much. Luke xvi. 10.
6. And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which The Lord thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house. Deut. xxvi. 11.- -Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light. Col. i. 12.
7. The secret things belong unto the Lord our God. Deut. xxix. 29.- -Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. Luke xviii. 17.
8. See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil ; In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply. Deut. xxx. 15, 16.And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. Luke xix. 41, 42.
9. Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving. Col. iv. 2.-We wait for thy loving kindness, O God. Ps. xlvjïi. 8.
10. Ye turned to God from idols, to serve the living and true God; And to wait for his son from heaven, whoin he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. 1 Thess. i. 9, 10.
-Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence; there shall go before him a consuming fire, and a mighty tempest shall be stirred up round about him. Ps. 1. 3.
11. While he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went be..