« ÖncekiDevam »
8. In that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. The meek also shall increase their joy in the Lord. Isai. xxix. 18, 19.The spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, understandest thou what thou readest? and he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? and he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. Acts viïi. 29, 30, 31.
9. The liberal deviseth liberal things. Isai. xxxii. 8.-All the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them. Acts ix. 39.
10, Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times. Isai. xxxiii. 6.- The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. Jam. iii. 17.
11. The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the Lord, and the excellency of our God. Isai. xxxv. 1, 2. When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life. Acts xi. 18. 12. The angel of the Lord went forth, and smote in
of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore and five thousand : and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses. Isai. xxxvii. 36.-And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory. Acts xii. 23.
18. The voice said, Cry. And he said, what shall I cry? all flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field ; The grass withereth, the flower fadeth : because the Spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth ; but the word of our God shall stand for ever. Isai. xl. 6, 7, 8.
All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away; But the word of the Lord endureth forever. i Pet. i. 24, 25.
14. Behold my servant, whom I uphold ; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth ; I have put my spirit upon him : he shall bring forth judgment to the gentiles. Isai. xlii. 1.-They rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles. Acts xiv, 27.
15. Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. (sai. xlii. 1.- -Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God. Pet. iii. 18.
16. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else. Isai. xlv. 22.
-Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Acts xvi. 31.
17. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were 'so. Therefore many of them believed. Acts xvii. 11, 12.- I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit. Isai. xlviii. 17.
18. The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary. Isia. 1. 4. He (Apoltos) began to speak boldly in the synagogue; whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him
unto them, and expounded the way of God more perfectly. Acts xviii. 26.
19. He went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God. Acts xix. 8. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation. Isai. lii. 7.
20. None of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus. Acts xx. 24.- -No
that is formed against thee shall prosper : and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. Isai. liv. 17. '
21. St. Thomas.-COLLECT FOR THE DAY. Almighty and everliving God, who for the more confirmation of the faith didst suffer thy holy Apostle Thomas to be doubtful in thy Son's resurrection ; Grant us so perfectly, and without all doubt, to believe in thy Son Jesus Christ, that our faith in thy sight may never be reproved. Hear us, O Lord, through the same Jesus Christ, to whom, with thee and the Holy Ghost, be all honour and glory, now and for
Amen. 22. And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee: and when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him. And he said unto me, Depart, for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles. Acts xxii. 19, 20, 21.Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and
instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree. Isai. lv. 13.
23. Thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isai. lvji. 15.
-Who is like unto the Lord our God, that hath his dwelling so high : and yet humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven and earth? Ps. cxiii. 5. 24. The Redeemer shall come to Zion. Isai. lix. 20.
-In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. John iv. 9.
25. Nativity of Christ Christmas Day).-COLLECT FOR THE DAY. Almighty God, who hast given us thy only begotten Son to take our nature upon him, and as at this time to be born of a pure Virgin ; Grant that we being regenerate, and made thy children by adoption and grace, may daily be renewed by thy Holy Spirit; through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the same spirit, ever one God, world without end. Amen.
26. St. Stephen.-COLLECT FOR THE DAY. Grant, O Lord, that in all our sufferings here upon earth for the testimony of thy truth, we may stedfastly look up to heaven, and by faith behold the glory that shall be revealed ; and being filled with the Holy Ghost, may learn to love and bless our persecutors by the example of thy first martyr St. Stephen, who prayed for his murderers to thee, O blessed Jesus, who standest at the right hand of God to succour all those that suffer for thee, our only Mediator and Advocate. Amen.
27. St. John the Evangelist.–COLLECT FOR THE DAY. Merciful Lord, we beseech thee to cast thy bright beams of light upon thy church, that it being
enlightened by the doctrine of thy blessed Apostle and Evangelist St. John, may so walk in the light of thy truth, that it may at length attain to the light of everlasting life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
28. The Innocents' Day.-COLLECT FOR THE DAY. O Almighty God, who out of the mouths of babes and sucklings hast ordained strength, and madest infants to glorify thee by their deaths : Mortify and kill all vices in us, and so strengthen us by thy grace, that by the innocency of our lives, and constancy of our faith even unto death, we may glorify thy holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 29. Behold, thy salvation cometh. Isai. Ixii. 11. -Το open their eyes,
and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God. Acts xxvi. 18.
30. He healeth those that are broken in heart. Ps. cxlvii. 3.- In all their affliction he was afflicted. Isai. Ixiii. 9.
31. Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream. Isai. lxvi. 12. -Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. Acts xxviii. 28.
M. SMITH, PRINTER, ALNWICK.